Feb 12, 2007

Birthday!

Saturday was my 23rd Birthday! It's hard to believe I'm that "old"! It was a awesome day and I'm so thankful for the gift of life. I definitely view my birthday differently after going through labor and delivery with Christopher . . . I'm so thankful my Mom went through so much to bring me into the world!

Christopher got me up at 5:30AM on my day...I guess he wanted to be the first to wish me a "Happy Birthday" and how could I refuse when it comes from someone so cute and close to my heart. He truly is such a joy for me! I am so thankful to have this little guy a part of my life.

The day was rainy...but even that was a blessing and birthday gift from God! I've missed my Virginia snuggle up with a cup of mocha...do some sewing...cause it's a rainy, foggy days - so God sent one especially for me!

Saturday afternoon Jason's Grandmother watched Christopher for a few hours so I could go with Jason into the city for his project meeting. It was so awesome to watch Jason presenting, leading and directing the meeting! What a handsome, cute, talented, and loving husband I have! On our way home we enjoyed a Frappacino and each others company without the distractions of a little guy...cute as he may be.

Upon arriving home, I made us a steak and mashed potato dinner...and Jason went down the street to the 7-11 to get me Coffee Ice cream! After Dinner (and he made me eat every bite!) I got to open my presents! I like 23...I got so spoiled!

My grandparents sent me a wonderful "care" package with the highlight being a new pair of casual shoes. They are so comfortable! My Grandmother also included Virginia Peanuts (hmm...why don't they sell those in San Francisco?!), a book, a cake recipe that's special to my grandfather, and a heart shaped box of chocolates! The heart shaped box of chocolates has been a tradition since I turned 13. Every year...without fail...my Grandmother picks out a new heart of chocolates! I always look forward to it so much!

My Rohr Family sent me a gift so wonderful...I will treasure it always! My little bro, Justin, sent some pictures he drew for me while on his Friday date with his Mom in Holy Hour! They are so special! The rest of the gift was a photo album filled with pictures and notes that date back to our first meeting! It truly made me feel "home" to go through them all. Kelsea is getting so good at taking pictures. God has truly given her a gift for capturing special moments!

My handsome husband gave me the best gift of all! I am so very blessed by God to have this man in my life . . . he has given me his heart and has always sought my happiness. Through his gentle touch and his ever calling me his "Princess" or "too beautiful", he has given me the gift no other could ever come close to giving me . . . the unbelievable gift of his heart and love! On this 23rd Birthday, Jason, my husband, is the one thing I am the most thankful for in my life.

Jason also gave me an ipod for working out! My old one, a hand-me-down, died about 2 weeks ago and my workout have been much tougher without the motivation of tunes. He also gave me some new perfume (Vanilla Sugar . . . yum!) and a beautiful shirt. He spoils me so much . . . but I love all the little ways he tells me he loves me!

My parents sent me a book entitled "Raising them Right" by Theophan the Recluse. My Mom enclosed a wonderful note - full of love. Jason's parents sent me two beautiful statues...1 of Mary and baby Jesus and the other of the Good Shepherd. They are on a side table in our Living Room under the swan lamp my Dad gave me when I was born.

Thank you to all who wished me a Happy Birthday and prayed for me and this 24th year of my life. Please God, may I grow much in holiness this year!

0 comments:

Manak Family © 2008 Por *Templates para Você*