Feb 20, 2007

Whipped Cream...Throat Blessing...Valentine's Day...Mardi Gras!

Hmm...all those in one post? LOL!

Valentine's Day I got Strawberries and Whipped Cream for our dessert. Christopher saw the Whipped cream bottle as he was helping me cooked and when I let him hold it he tried to taste the top. At that moment I sprayed some into his mouth! He gave me such a look of surprise! But he totally loved it! Now when we are cooking he gets excited when I open the fridge and gives me a begging look. :) It's SO adorable!

On February 4th, after Sunday Mass, we all got our throats blessed for St. Blaise's feast day. As we were going up in line Christopher was being a chatty little guy...as usual. As soon as we got to Father Xavier he started to leave forward to say hello and it was so funny to watch his reaction as Father held the candles up against his throat. Christopher flattened back against my chest and gave Father a horrified look. It was so funny! Even Father burst out laughing!

Valentine's Day was awesome this year! Since we usually go out for my birthday, we always stay home and I make Jason a dish of his choice for Valentine's Day. Neither of us like the crowds for Valentine's Day...so it works out well for us.

For many years, Jason has had a tradition on Valentine's Day. He started it while in Savannah. Every year on Valentine's Day he would go to the Cathedral and give Mary two roses...one red and one white. He asked her to take care of his future wife and keep both his future wife and him pure the next year. He told Mary when she lead him to his wife, his wife would then get the red rose and she would always get the white. So...I picked Jason up in the city after his class on Valentine's Day. I was worried he would forget about this tradition since he's been so very stressed and swamped with school...but no...there he was with two roses waiting for me! We went to Mass and after Mass Jason gave me the red rose and Mary the white rose! It was so special!

We then had dinner at home and I gave Jason a Valentine letter I had written. It was so awesome! He said it was the best Valentine's Day he's ever had...and that the letter was the best anyone has ever given him. That meant so much to me. I love making him happy!

This morning I went to the foot doctor to get orthodics (sp?) for my shoes. I've been having a lot of problems with my knees after working out and I think it's because my feet are so flat. Afterwards I called Jason and Christopher and asked them if they wanted a frappacino for Mardi Gras! :) So...home I came with our drinks! :) Christopher loves the whipped cream on top...and I enjoy the bottom. I get two straws...and he sucks the whipped cream and I get the slushy mocha below.

Anyway...off for now. I'll post some patterns I got at the Joann Sale on Saturday. I can't wait to make them!

1 comments:

Mackenzie said...

Wow! You guys have been busy! I love the entry and the pictures are so cute! You are stunning. :-)

Manak Family © 2008 Por *Templates para Você*