Sep 24, 2007

Some great finds... :)

Ahh...well, it's 12:24 in the morning and it's a cool autumn night...so I have a cup of Swiss Mocha next to me. I know...crazy...caffine at this hour! I guess it was one of those pregnancy cravings. Plus...how am I supposed to sleep with my Handsome Prince being over 3,000 miles away! Well...more of that later...


Yesterday I just had this feeling that I needed to get out of the house for a bit by myself! I put Christopher down for his nap and Jason told me to go...he'd listen for the little man. I went to Barnes and Nobles and just walked around for awhile looking at various books. It was so nice to browse a store! I haven't gone shopping without Christopher since before he was born.


After strolling through Barnes and Nobles I walked across the street to Joann's Fabrics. I figured while I had some time, I wanted to look for some fabric for Monica's crib set. I was thinking of doing an angel theme for her room, but gave up when I couldn't find one fabric pattern with angels! Not even in the Christmas stuff!

Then...at the back of the store in the Home Decor Fabrics, I found this lovely lilac pattern. It was originally 19.99/yard (ouch!) but was marked down to 9.99 (still ouch! lol). However, I found a sales flyer advertising a 50% additional markdown on all red tag fabrics starting today! That means it would be 4.50/yard (a little less ouch...). Here are a few pictures of my find...








I returned to Joann's today to purchase the fabric. When I went up to the register their machines wouldn't accept debit cards or credit cards, so the cashier asked all those who were making purchases using that medium to walk up the street to the ATM machine. When I returned with the money to buy my precious fabric the cashier told me she was going to take an additional 20% off my purchase! I think she felt bad for making a pregnant lady with a toddler trek up the street...LOL!!! I was so happy though! I got fabric worth 19.99/yard for 3.60/yard!


Praise God! "Do not worry about tomorrow..."


While at Joann's I also purchased a gift for my adopted bro...Justin Rohr. He broke his leg while jumping on the trampoline and hasn't been able to walk. It's been a hard time for him, but he's been so courageous through it all! I wish I could see his face when he gets the little package...


This morning I dropped Jason off at the airport. He has a meeting at American Life League tomorrow and then returns very late tomorrow night . It's so weird not having him here...makes me realize how very dearly I love him when he's not there for me to smother with kisses and hugs. I've been keeping busy though...


Lately I've been thinking allot about ways I could make a little extra money for the holidays this year...and Monica's arrival, as well as just having some date money! I went to Dad's grave a couple weeks ago and really felt him encouraging me to put into action an idea I had discussed with him earlier this year. So...it's been in the slow works for a couple weeks, but Christen's Beaded Creations is finally underway!!! I've only put up two items so far, but more will follow in the next couple days. We'll see how it goes, but I'm excited to have taken this first step...so enjoy browsing!

1 comments:

Mackenzie said...

Oh, Christen, I'm so happy for (and proud of) you!! :) How exciting a find for Monica's fabrics! And your barrettes are beautiful! My mom is very interested. :) I hope and pray that your endeavors will be blessed!

Manak Family © 2008 Por *Templates para Você*