Dec 29, 2006

December 22nd...25 years ago today...

JASON WAS BORN!!!

December 22nd was Jason's birthday. He'd been in finals that week and I was determined to make the 22nd his most awesome birthday...I'm not sure if it worked, but I think it came close.

Jason was at the lab very late on Thursday night...so Friday morning at 2AM he called me to ask me to come pick him up since BART had stopped running at midnight. I went into the city and picked him up and then drove by the 24hour Starbucks to start out celebrating his birthday! It was great! Then the next day his 2D Animation Final Project was due so he was out and in the city all day till late afternoon.

Jason's Aunt Lisa came over about 6:30 to watch Christopher for the evening so Jason and I could go out. This was the second time that we have gone out as a couple since Christopher was born! The first time was in June when Jason's parents visited and kept Christopher so we could go to a Holy Hour together.

For Jason's Birthday Date I planned the night...He enjoys Japanese food, so I found a really great Japanese Restaurant on Sutter and Taylor Street in the city. We took BART into San Francisco and walked up Powell Street - the major shopping street. It was decorated for Christmas and filled with shoppers.

The food was really awesome at the Japanese place. We got Teryaki and Tempura... I ate with chopsticks for the first time! The server kept offering me a fork though...so I'm not sure I did a very graceful job. lol

After our dinner we went back to Powell and walked around a few shops near Union Square. It was a beautiful time of year to "browse" though everything in that area of town was super $$$ priced.

About 9:50 we made a beeline to Westfield Mall and got Hagaan Daas Ice Cream near the foodcourt and then went to the top floor of the mall which has a dome and tables/chairs/couches. Since it was mostly deserted due to the late hour, Jason and I easily found a comfortable couch to enjoy our ice cream on. We had an awesome conversation about the past year...our favorite memories...worst memories...ways that we grew the most...want to grow the most...and much more. It was a memory I won't ever forget!

As we were getting ready to think about heading home the couch we were sitting on started shaking...as if someone was jumping on the other end! It lasted about 5 seconds and was gone. I asked Jason what it was and he told me I had experienced my first earthquake! It was only a 4.7...but an earthquake I won't soon forget.

All in all though...it was a perfect evening! I hope Jason enjoyed himself as much as I did. :)

0 comments:

Manak Family © 2008 Por *Templates para Você*