Sep 21, 2006

Beautiful!

For those of you who have seen the A & E BBC Pride and Prejudice...do you remember when Elizabeth is climbing up the rocks and overlooking the valley below? The view is awesome and she utters, "Beautiful!" Well, that is how I feel every time I go to the beach/ocean. The weather has been really nice lately and Christopher and I have been trying to take advantage of it. Yesterday I took him for a walk on the beach and he fell asleep, so I layed him down on the beach and read while he slept. It was so nice! I'm used to East Coast Beaches where it is very flat and houses or cities are built just off the coast...and the beaches are totally covered with people. Out here our beach backs up to a beautiful golf course, there are mountains just beyond the golf course...and there are very few people on the beach.

Well...it finally happened! Christopher has his own room and has made the transition from the bassinet to his new crib! It took a few nights of getting up allot, but now (I hope) he's starting to settle into the new bed. His new room is really great. Jason and I finished putting it together. For the window I did something a bit unique and different, but it looks really good. Christopher was given a big dolphin/under the sea poster by the Rohr's and he just loves it because of all the different colors. I hung that picture in the middle of the window (it covers the whole middle section of the window) and then hung deep blue panels on either side of the poster. It's perfect because his changing table is just under that, so it gives him something to look at when we change him.

About a week ago I got an e-mail from my Credit Card Company (which is actually my debit card company). I had signed up for a points thing every time I use the card and since I never thought twice about it since, I had allot of points saved up and so I could choose something in exchange for the points. Well...we got an icecream maker! I've made frozen berry yogurt twice now and it's really awesome and SO heathly! Sunday I'm going to try and make Dove Chocolate Icecream!

Oh, I also just found out my brother, Duke, is getting married on October 28th. That means we are trying to get back to VA next month! Please say a prayer for Duke and his fiance, Amanda, as they prepare for their wedding! Duke and Amanda are paying for their own wedding, so it will be rather small. If those of you who know Duke would like to get them something for their wedding, feel free to contact me for their address.

Well...gotta run get some rest! I'm finally just about over a bug I've had for the last week and a half. It's great to be feeling better!

3 comments:

Mackenzie said...

I had heard about your brother, that's so nice. I'm praying it works out well for him. Maybe if you make it back we could get together for lunch??? I am aching to meet your little love. I haven't actually *seen* you since your wedding!!! Have a lovely day, and I'm glad you're feeling better...let us know how the icecream turns out!

Cranky Catholic said...

Describing the window? How 'bout... show us!?

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that you enjoy your view as much as Elizabeth in Pride and Prejudice...actually, even more! She only got to enjoy it for that photo shoot---you get yours any time you want! Now that's a blessing!
Peace of Christ, Who creates the wonderous views, to you, Jason, and dear Christopher!
We love you and miss you!
:)

Manak Family © 2008 Por *Templates para Você*