Oct 24, 2008

A Romantic Retreat!!!

Last night was a night of dreams come true for me! It was amazing and I know nothing I write will even do justice to the spectacular events of the night...

It all started about 7:30...

Monica is asleep...
Christopher has eaten dinner...
I'm curling my hair...the last finishing touch to my appearance!
I'm wearing a new dress Jason surprised me with...my hair is flowing over my shoulders...I'm wearing black high heel sandals...I have a dressy purse with no diapers in it!

Then Shane and Leilani walk through the door enabling my handsome prince to take me out on a date for a HOT dinner with no kids to distract me till my food is cold...

First off, I want to send out a big THANK YOU to Shane and Leilani (and Lily too) for coming over to watch Christopher and Monica so Jason could take me out. You guys are the BEST! I'm so thankful for your friendship in our lives!

Jason got a scholorship from the Academy of Art and decided to use a part of it to take me out to the Ritz in Half Moon Bay for dinner! It was the night of nights! I felt like Cinderella at the Ball!


We were seated side by side in a secluded booth. The table had a really interesting oil lamp on it which reflected in the shined table wood. Our table settings were so ornate and perfectly placed making one almost not want to disrupt the beauty of it!

Our waiter, Darrell, was really awesome! He explained the food so well and was so attentive. He is a father of two girls, ages 17 and 20. He reminded us to enjoy and treasure these times with our children because they pass so quickly! It was a good thing to be reminded of on our night out!

The food was SO good! We got scallops and a pork dish for appetizers then I got a New York Steak while Jason got a Duck dish for our main course! It was SO good! They also served fresh sourdough break and our Darrell brought us a plate of chocolates and jellied candies for dessert!

As I was eating my steak, I started cutting large bit size pieces in a hurry. I typically cut all my food up right away, so I can eat it with one hand while I tend to children. I then realized...there are no children here...they are sleeping at home...I don't need to rush... So, I savored each bite, cutting each piece into petite sizes! It was all so good! Jason and I shared each others dishes, fork feeding each other!

We talked about so many things and just enjoyed eachothers company so much! I feel so refreshed in my vocation as a wife and mother! Sometimes retreats away are such a blessing from God to reinvigerate our desire to do the smallest duties our vocation requires. I feel so bless to have friends like Shane and Leilani who would give their evening in service so that Jason and I could enjoy creating special memories! May God bless them both!

I'm especially thankful for my wonderful, handsome husband who strives each day to make me feel happy and beautiful as his wife! I'm so thankful God lead me this vocation He prepared for me! I feel so blessed to have such an awesome husband, adorable children and caring friends!

4 comments:

Trisha Q said...

What a wonderful night!

Mary said...

That sounds SO lovely, Christen! :)
We are so lucky in these lives, aren't we?

Mackenzie said...

I've been meaning to leave a comment here since you posted, but always only have one hand! Laney's being a "Mother's Helper" for the first time this evening though, so I have a moment to myself!! :)

I just wanted to say this sounds so romantic and congratulations on getting some quiet couple time!! I need to pick your brain about your at-home-but-still-fancy dates too...I can't quite figure out how you make a decent meal, get yourself presentable, *and* are relaxed enough to be a pleasant date! :)

lover of beauty said...

You guys remain one of the best examples of marriage and family life I have ever seen! Thank you for your beautiful witness, Christen! I miss you guys, and wish so much I could see you.
Love, Christine

Manak Family © 2008 Por *Templates para Você*