Sep 2, 2008

Busy days...

I can't believe it's been a month and a half since I last posted! I will try to do better now that summer is over. It's been a busy year...

Nothing really spectacular has happened, but the day to day happenings of a Mom of two have kept me on my toes! It seems like every day is filled with making children happy, cleaning house, making bottles, feeding baby food, doing laundry...and then doing it all again! Rewarding in it's own way, but it doesn't leave much time for blog posting.

In good news, I've started seeing a chiropractor who says in a month or so I'll have no more back pain!!! Ever since my pregnancy with Christopher, my back has been hurting more and more. It had gotten to the point where I could only sleep on my side at night and even then I would wake up several times a night. I can't wait to have this fixed!!!

I've been really trying to keep a very neat and orderly house. Each night after the kids go to bed, I breeze through picking up anything leftover from the day. It's SO refreshing to start the day in a nice neat and orderly house!

Lately we've been going on a lot of play dates. Christopher is a very social child and I'm learning that Monica enjoys getting out as well. Two weeks ago we went to the San Francisco Zoo. Christopher and I had last gone there when he was about 10 months old...too young for him to really notice the animals. This time was SO much different! He LOVED the animals! We ate lunch while we watched the muskrats and prairie dogs. Christopher had so much fun watching them dig in the dirt. Then we spent alot of time watching the grizzly bears "play". The area for the Bears was SO cool. I took some pictures with my phone, so I'll post them as soon as I figure out how to get them onto the computer.

Monica is now MOBILE!!! Very Mobile! She's standing up to everything...can even stand on her own for a few seconds. She LOVES food...must be the McCaffrey blood in her! She is a mix of both sides of our family, but in all the opposite ways than Christopher is. She is such a little angel and I love her so very dearly! Her favorite foods so far are pizza crusts, oranges and banannas. She had her first bite of fish last night and seemed to enjoy it too. She's (finally) beginning to realize not all things small are food and some things just shouldn't enter a human beings mouth (such as fuzz balls lying on the floor). She's also determined she doesn't like bell peppers at all, but her older brother insists they are quite good!

Lately I've really been trying to find ways to cut food costs...it seems like even the beans and rice staple is getting way out of hand in terms of price. I do almost all of my shopping at Costco and only get chicken and fish when it comes to meat. I've been doing some research into coupons and have found alot of other stay at home moms who have coupon tip blogs for each week. I'm gonna try to do more research into that area and see if I can save more money on food.

Tomorrow I'm getting an Elliptical!!! I've been looking on Craig's List for some weeks now because with two small kids I'm just not getting to the gym like I used to when I only had Christopher. I was jogging with the double stroller, but since Monica's gotten more mobile, she's decided sitting in the stroller while Mommy runs for an hour is not her cup of tea...so this way she can play on the floor - doing what she loves best, while I burn calories! Win/Win all the way around!

Well...I'm off for tonight, but I promise to try and do better with posting here more often. God bless you all!

1 comments:

Mackenzie said...

So great to hear about your life!! Lofe with two is certainly busier than I had expected...but so amazing at the same time!! It doesn't help that Anthony still nurses like he's a new born...and coming from an 18lb. baby, that's allot!! Enjoy your workouts... I've been putting A in the sling and G in the stroller for walks... it feels so good!

Manak Family © 2008 Por *Templates para Você*