Sep 4, 2008

Peanut butter and Jelly...PB&J


This is just more of a comment, but what's up with Mom's loving PB&J and kiddies not? I remember growing up, my Mom's favorite lunch (and not just for the ease and convenience of making it, but because she truly enjoyed eating it) was Peanut Butter and Jelly. ALL of us children detested it! I remember watching her enjoy her sandwich with a tall glass of milk and think . . . yuck!

Well...now I'm a Mom and this is one of my favorite lunches! Ever since Monica's pregnancy I've really enjoyed anything peanut butter! When pregnant with her, I'd crave apples with peanut butter on them.

But, I've been given a son who is allergic to Peanuts!!! I recently tried making him an almond butter and jelly sandwich and received the same "you really want me to eat that?" look that I'm sure I gave my Mom more than once. I still indulge in the pb&j goodness though and remember my Mom each time!

0 comments:

Manak Family © 2008 Por *Templates para Você*